1. What do I have to do to become a hosted travel blogger?
Apply for TBCasia 2018 by submitting one or more blog posts based on the category (s) you wish to apply for. Thereafter you will stand a chance of becoming shortlisted as the top three within each of the selected categories OR be selected by Cinnamon Hotels & Resorts based on your reach and audience.
2. Do I have to be a Member of PTBA to become a hosted blogger?
No. Everyone is encouraged to apply. . 30 out of the 60 spots available will be allocated for PTBA members. www.travelbloggersassociation.com
3. Can bloggers apply for more than 1 award?
Yes, they can apply to any of the awards categories
4. Are foreign language blogs allowed?
Yes. For non-english submissions, simply add a translation of the text.
5. Can you re-submit an award application?
Yes you can. Simply write to email@example.com and inform them of your fresh submission. Please note that new submissions will not be accepted after deadlines close on the 30th of March 2018.
6. What do I get if I win?
A 5 day package stay at some of the Cinnamon properties.
7. Do I have to pay to apply for the awards?
No, its absolutely free
8. What If I win but cant make it for the awards?
We will video conference you, and would like you to join in at the awards ceremony from wherever you are. Your award will be mailed to you subsequently.
9. Do I have to give publicity to partners?
As Cinnamon Hotels & Resorts and SriLankan airlines are the official hosts of TBCasia, publicity is expected. Refer T&C for more details.
10. Is there a time duration as to when I am expected to write about my experience in Sri Lanka?
We understand that as a result of being a blogger, you can get busy with travelling from destination to destination, however we would appreciate if all your posts on Sri Lanka and partners are published within 60 days after completing the tour.
11. What if I don't get selected?
If you haven't been shortlisted and you would still like to be part of the pre-conference tour, you can do so for 1000USD, which includes the entire tour and access to the conference, but excludes airfare.
12. What do the hosted travel bloggers receive?
13. How to apply for a Sri Lankan visa?
Please visit http://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa
14. Is my visa fee covered?
No. Visa fee will have to be incurred by the individual participant
15. Who is expected to attend the conference?
60 top travel Bloggers from all parts of the world, 12 Global experts who will be speaking at TBCasia 2018, 300 industry attendees from the Sri Lankan travel & tourism industry as well as regional tourism board representatives, upcoming Sri Lankan travel bloggers and representatives from our partner organizations.
16. From what points will the ticket be issued?
|Far East||11 destinations|
|Middle East||9 destinations|
17. Will air ticket taxes be covered ?
18. Can I bring a companion?
You may bring a companion, however, at your own cost. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on special rates on offer.
19. What can I gain from this ?
Check out what the attendees from TBCasia 2014, 2016 gained
Please visit : http://www.tbcasia.com/why-tbc-asia.html
20. Will I get paid for joining TBCasia?
Yes. You will be provided with USD 500 for taking part in TBCasia 2018, pre-tour conference and awards if the content and social media requirements are met within the set time frame. See point 22 for details.
21. When will the pre tour and conference take place?
|Application call out||7th March - 20th April 2018|
|Judging process||21st April - 14th June 2018|
|Final announcement of winners||15th June 2018|
|Pre tour||25th October - 29th October 2018|
|Conference||30th October 20|
22. What do I have to deliver if I get selected?
If you are selected to take part in TBC Asia 2018 pre tour and conference you have to provide the following:
Minimum 2 social media posts per day (from October 25th to 30th) including the set campaign hashtags and posted on your blogs accounts
Minimum 3 high quality blog posts or videos about your experience in Sri Lanka during TBC Asia. Minimum one blog post/video must feature Cinnamon Hotels and Resorts and minimum one blog post/video must include a section about your travels with Sri Lankan airlines. The posts must include links to the main partners and the campaign hashtags.
The posts must be published and shared through your social media channels within 2 months after the conference.
The payment of 500 USD will be released as soon as all your content is submitted and approved by the TBC Asia team.
23. What kind of accommodation will be provided ?
Cinnamon properties offer 4 & 5 Star accommodation on full board basis in single rooms